Sunday, July 10, 2005

Change of Venue

Well, I was debating whether to post this or not since it's only marginally game-related, but figured, what the hell. I'm doing the writing here, and I work in the industry, so if I can;t write about me, there's not going to be much to write about :)

I quit my job last week (Well, technically 2 weeks ago. But my last day at the old job was last week). I was working for a small game publisher in Toronto and for a variety of reasons, decided it was time to move on. But the real news is that I got an offer for a new job only hours after I'd given my notice - at a AAA developer in Southern California, thanks to a couple of friends who were kind enough to recommend me. I started this past week, and WOW. You hear a lot about the differences between the really good devs and everyone else and it's true. I've been lucky enough to work with some great folks in the industry, and talked to a bunch more, but when I looked at the Design Doc for what we're currently working on, the level of detail just blew me away. I wish I could put a link to it here, but I had to sign all kinds of paperwork when I started, including an NDA. You'll notice I'm also not givng any names here, although anyone reading this probably knows where I was and where I am now anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home